Sunday, August 28, 2011

Life Is Settling Down

  Thank God.

  I haven't posted in awhile due to absolute turmoil at home and literally no time. August was an emotional whirlwind. First, we went on vacation. Then, we came home from vacation. Nick went to work the following day and was told we were relocating to Eastern Washington, however, he was still going to be on night-shift Turnaround all of September. I was going to be relocating us practically by myself. Oh yeah, and doing it all with Alexis. Finally, after beginning to pack, locate a renter for our home, and coordinate all those obnoxious moving details, Nick got a job offer from a company he had interviewed with a couple months earlier.

  Every now and then the stars align and you actually get what you are hoping for and, needless to say, Nick accepted this new position and job offer. As of October, Nick will have the job he wants, working normal hours, every other weekend is a 3-day weekend, and no more Turnarounds. We both get the location we want, since I don't think either of us really wanted to leave Minnesota. It may be brutally cold in winter and stiflingly humid in summer, but it is home. And it has been for 12 years.

  This is simply a post to say sorry for the absence but I swear I had my reasons. Now back to normal. Or rather, better than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment