Monday, March 12, 2012

Ready for #2

  Well, I am ready. If other parents can handle the crazy pressure of adding to their brood then I can too. I mean we. We. Have I mentioned that my husband is not emotionally on board yet? One of my friends recommended just going for it and explaining it later. Something about that seems dishonest. And dishonesty is not how a child should be brought into the world. Right?
 
  Part of me is ready for deception. I don't know why I suddenly want to double my workload. Let's face it, that is precisely what I will be doing. As good a baby as Alexis was, I am out of the baby mode completely. No waking up through the night, no trying new foods slowly on Allergy Watch, no stroller bound outings, no crying only communication. You get the idea.

  Instead, I am basking in 3 year old grandeur. Shouting matches, power struggles, endless repititon, loud voices, and daily accidental suicide prevention. Why would I want to add a sibling into that mix?

  This is why.


  
  I am ready to do it again. And how much more fun to watch my older child embrace and grow with her new sibling. There is a lot of fun ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment