Thursday, July 14, 2011

Can't Ever Be a First-Time Parent Again

  And would I want to? It is a tough question. There are so many perks to being a newbie in the whole parenting game. Most importantly, you only have one child to deal with. I am thankfully still in this stage, but soon enough (big picture) I will be outnumbered.

  Ah, the blissful days of a newborn. Despite the milking, sleeplessness, and worrying, it is a time of peace and calm and joy.  So why didn't anyone tell me that I wouldn't properly enjoy it? I was concerned with finances, infant development, and photography instead of sleeping, reveling, and relaxing. Also, chores. When I think of all the time I could have been doing chores when Alexis was immobile and actually took naps. What was I doing during that time? Now when she has Quiet Time all I can do is sit and pray for sanity.

  I don't want to go back to newborn days, but I wish I could have the same time with the next child. I could take all the things I learned from the first one and apply them to number 2. But life doesn't work like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment