Monday, July 11, 2011

Rockin' The Baby--Time Flies



I cannot believe my little girl is already 2 1/2 years old! I honestly feel like it was just yesterday that she was swaddled and red-faced and tiny. It is no secret that I have the itch. I want to add to our family; add to the fun, add to the chaos, add to the love. One child is simply not enough!


Alexis Grace arrived!


02/18/09
6lb 11oz, 18in


The brand-new happy family.


Nick was on baby duty. At least he kept her safe! Not killing Alexis was the main goal the first few weeks.


Chillin' with Grandma.


Before we knew it, she was finding joy in everything around her...


...and we were still smiling!

When I think about those first few months with Alexis, I don't remember all the tedium, worry, and exhaustion. All I remember is the love.


Above is a rare shot of me and Alexis (I always have the camera). And below is Alexis today. Happy, healthy, and in a rare moment of tranquility. It is a captured moment like this that solidifies my desire to rock another baby.

3 comments:

  1. *Sigh* Such sweetness! Loved seeing the progression of your family forming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it. I love also that you are JUST LIKE ME (well, in that we have toddlers of similar ages and are both dealing with Baby Fever right now) ;) great pics, she's adorable!! (also - our girls share a middle name!! Great minds, eh?) :)

    ReplyDelete